Now, on with the crunchy, munchy, mixed-up life I lead…
- On Palm Sunday, March 28, 2010, I celebrated 25 years since the day that God called me and I chose to make Jesus Christ the Lord of my life. My quarter century saved was recognized in some beautiful ways. Friends gave me gifts, I gave my children each new bibles and I was able to share the message of salvation at church to everyone. It was a great day.
- This past Friday marked 24 years since I was baptized in water on April 9, 1986. Saved at eight and baptized a year later when I was nine.
- In the past few weeks one of the little girls at our orphanage was adopted and another was reunited with her birth mother. This means there are now 20 kids under our care. I update the Kid Pics page if you would like to visit the blog and get to know the kids a bit:
- We voted in the mayoral elections on Easter Sunday. It was obligatory. Had to work through some culture shock a bit.
- Met a couple missionary gals. It has been fun getting to know them.
- DaRonn is leading the Monday morning all-school chapel sessions now. The kids are loving it. We started out in ministry working with kids so he is full of dynamic and silly ideas to help kids fall in love with God and His word. I am so proud of him.
- The U.S. consulate office in our city is shut down. Big bummer! This means a trip to Santa Cruz or La Paz for any official stuff we need to do like passport request and renewal, born abroad certificate, etc. Travel is fun. I choose to be glad for the excuse.
- In an odd mix between Spring Cleaning and what feels alot like nesting I have had a drive to clean out closets, do repairs and clear out clutter from the house. Those who know me well know that keeping house is not something that comes naturally to me. So this has been really weird.
- Finally, for my friends who are Chiefs fans out there take a look at the snap-shot I got of our little Fernando yesterday. Ha!